Thursday, November 2, 2006

Love Thursday

I’ve been reading Chris’s Love Thursday posts for a while now and always wished I could do the same.  It just didn’t feel right to me, so I never joined that particular bandwagon.  But tonight, after deciding to exercise again, the SECOND day in a row (!!) a lightbulb went off and I figured out my Love Thursday.  Self love Thursday.  I think that many moms have trouble putting themselves first especially when The Children really “should” come first.  But I think I finally got it when I started doing Yoga; I liked doing something for me and finally, my youngest was normally able to do without constant mommy attention for the hour it took me to do yoga.  Last year I also did a lot of walking, but I have not yet been able to stick to something.  And that is where Love Thursday comes in.

In the spirit of Love Thursday, I am going to hold myself accountable for the past week of self love.  It seems somewhat hopeless exercising after consuming mass quantities of Halloween candy (DAMN that Sugar Sprite!), but I convinced myself tonight and did it.  30 minutes of pool exercise.  10 minutes of leg exercises and 2300 running steps in the water.  Tomorrow I hope to add yoga to the mix, but for now, my immediate goal is 30 minutes a day.  And I hope YOU will hold me accountable.  And that is my Love Thursday.

I took an “accountable” picture tonight and even covered up the naughty bits, but I’m not sure I’m ready to share yet.  We’ll see.  Honestly, you DON’T want to see it but it will hopefully motivate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment