Monday, May 23, 2005

More from Pikey

I liked Pike’s email to Andrew so much, I decided to post it here. It is so neat to see how they arrange their thoughts and how the express themselves… Plus, my drivel is getting quite boring. I really miss being on the road…

“I got your email - I hope you’ll have a good time in Disneyland. Tomorrow or the next day, actually, yesterday, we found a movie theatre; it’s kind of rare to have a movie theatre around here and it’s 3 dollars a person. And back to the original point; we’ll probably watch “Revenge of the Sith” because its pretty cheap. I’ve got a great interest here in mini beer bottles and earrings. We’ve never been to Disneyland before (”yes you have” says Jesse). Once, a long time ago, so I don’t remember. I’m sure Jesse told you about this in his email, but to me, “The Knights Tale”, was a very good movie. I’m pretty sure that Jesse told you all about the jousting movie and it was back after medieval times. I’m missing you a lot here but we have got a few other friends. But they’re all grownups. Like I told you in the last email, we might be building a palapa here maybe or probably not. But there’s a good chance we will. We’re thinking of just building a palapa here as an investment and a place for us to live 1/2 the year. It’s a paradise to go snorkeling here and a very nice place to build sand castles. Last time we went down to the beach and didn’t build the sand castles out of dirt. Dad’s sickness is over now but he’s hooked to noodle soup. Its very good and Dad’s heating me up some right now. Its called “cup of noodles” and if you go to a big store at home you might find it in stores. The flavors are shrimp, which is called cama”ron here, which means “shrimp” in Spanish. In two or 3 months we may be seeing you.

Well, even though its really fun here sometimes I just miss you a lot.

Today we got out our lego bins and started building. We couldn’t make much because it took up a lot of space and in Mexico here I found a store that sells a big jet plane. It’s really big and big enough for maybe two lego people to maybe fit inside. And its so big that in the US it would cost $20. But here they sell it for seven. Actually here 70 pesos. We’re learning lots of Spanish and I know lots of words.

We’re staying in the same place and it’s very good like I told you in my last email.

Right now Jesse was just picking at my legs and pinching my feet. It ought to be expected cause he had one cup of iced latte this morning. It’s a shot of espresso with coffee and ice.

There’s not so much to say cause its only been a day since I emailed you last. It’s Tuesday here and it’s 11:51am. If you do email me back, please send the day of the week and the time so I’ll know when you wrote the email to me. I hope Sara and Deb and Jeff are doing really well and you too.
Right now we’re sitting in mom’s room on the bed writing an email. I’m going to have my noodle soup now. Also I got a new pair of swiming trunks. I hope you’re all doing well love pikey”

No comments:

Post a Comment