Sunday, December 4, 2005

tech update


I have updated the maps links in all themes to reflect our true location; no matter where we are, as long as I update the Datastorm map, you’ll get an accurate reading.Second, I found this really neat
create your own visited countries map or vertaling Duits Nederlands
You can get it here.
I have uploaded a gigantic amount of photos to Flickr. I have even organized them in numerous sets. Next to come will be geographic sets. The kids wanted to stay another day in Potrero, so tomorrow we leave for El Centro. Janet, I owe you an email!
I spent almost the entire day getting my Toshiba working on the new wireless router. We went to Yuma to pick up a satellite internet dish and I wanted to be able to connect to the internet wirelessly, so I picked up a router and a couple NICs to do that. Course, my Toshiba already has an integrated NIC and we’ve used it all over Mexico and the US. I got Dad’s old Thinkpad up and working wirelessly without any effort. I spent all freaking day (it is freaking COLD in San Diego) getting mine working. I could get online, but only wired. Finally, just before I had to make dinner (so the kids wouldn’t die of hunger) I got it working. Thanks to the folks at the datastorm users group.

No comments:

Post a Comment