Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Dirt piles R US

The kids begged to stay another day here at the Shell station. Do these kids really understand what beauty is? What nature is? We spent a week in the desert and they were vampires; staying in the trailer all day and coming out at dusk to play for an hour and today they spent the entire day outside playing in the dirt piles. The boys found stacked cardboard and called it their fort. The girls washed their (big) horses. Jamie and I attacked the mold that started attacking the windowsills in California and dried in the desert and now just looks like heavy dirt all over the windows. We cleaned all the windows and sills and screens and then I got the fever and cleaned the floor in the bedroom where Ellen spilled some very strange concoction that honestly, I don’t even care to KNOW the ingredients of (suffice to say they comprised a sort of glue) and then the joints of the walls and floors and before I knew it I was baking oatmeal/chocolate chip/raisin/walnut/whole wheat cookies. So don’t say you haven’t been warned. You know the signs of the dementia.

Our router has been on a very strange trip today; it seems to be connecting us and then dropping us and the only way I’ve been able to get online is to wire myself to the router or modem and really, what is the point of having a laptop if you can’t flaunt your freedom from wires by posting from the closet of a bathroom? It must have something to do with these 18wheelers but I can’t figure it out. I’ve tried different channels and I don’t know what it is.

Tomorrow we head towards Tuscon but I’m not sure how far we’ll get, other than Red Rock where we have mail awaiting. I’ll leave you all with another picture from the desert. It was beautiful there. And oh, so cheap. I’m up to mid-April 2005 on the movement of pictures to Flickr. I’m going to have to get a lifetime membership to Flickr because I will NOT be moving pictures ever again. In other news, I’m wanting to change the blog name from ‘travelogue” to something NOT boring. It’s The Journey? (I secretly covet MB’s blog name of “Trip to Wonderful” it is such a gorgeous visualization)

No comments:

Post a Comment