Thursday, April 6, 2006

Stuck in Margaritaville

Jamie and Sissy safely arrived in Reno, spent at least one night in Crazytown, picked up M and his stuff and are now safely surrounded by my family in the Bay Area. It is looking to be a long trip. He took my computer to CompUSA and they reported the hard drive is bad. It left here with a very functional hard drive; simply a broken display and CD/DVD drive. It never occurred to me to copy my data to the Internet (I tried to copy to a CD/DVD but couldn’t) as I had no problems with the hard drive. It now appears all my data is gone as CompUSA has removed the drive. Ugh, argh and sigh. All my budget spreadsheets, financial information and pictures are gone. I’m trying not to think about it.



The kids are doing fine; it is actually somewhat easier to take care of 3 kids instead of 4+Jamie. I’ve been getting up at 6 each morning to work and every morning I find I’m getting less and less work done before Ellen awakes and demands attention. I might have to start getting up at 5.
Really, there is absolutely NOTHING going on other than laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, cooking, working, taking kids to the beach. I rarely get a chance to email or update as I promise the boys that if I can get 5 hours of work in before I put Ellen to bed, they get the computer to play Runescape. Everyone is so sluggish (until we’re at the beach) and I’ve found it is taking them 2 hours to get ready to go to the beach. I can’t imagine where I can fit Yoga in and haven’t had an opportunity to practice since we left Celestino.

So here is the nothing update; nothing happening and nothing worth noting. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment