Since this is a journal (albeit in a public forum) I don’t think it out of place to bitch as well as wax poetic.  Just so’s I remember that everyday was not idyllic.  Like any day could be with four kids.  Hell, even without the kids, I doubt every day would be idyllic…

We have all been fighting a bronchial cold like thing since San Felipe.  Now that it is almost all the way through me, I’m taking on a cold.  I feel like shit; tired and cranky.  Of course, this translates into bitchiness.  Last night a CARAVAN moved in and turned our tiny piece of paradise (albeit with high clouds and sporadic rain) into a parking lot.  As far as the eye could see, to the north of our trailer, were RV’s, trailers, toads, etc.  As soon as they moved in, all TWENTY THREE of them, they started generators.  I don’t know why they didn’t use a campground; why turn our beautiful beach into a parking lot?  If they want to camp in parking lots, fine, but why subject the rest of us to it? 

I spend all day alternating between cleaning up after the kids and doing dishes.  They seem to think that it is just fine and dandy to dump pistachio shells all over the diningroom table and floor (under the table, natch), leave dirty dishes everywhere and take utensils and dishes outside (and leave them there, natch) to play with in the sand.  Everyone except Jesse loves to change their clothing about 20 times a day and try to cover every surface in the trailer with discarded clothing.  Ellen must be feeling as yucky as I do since she has decided to sleep shorter and shorter stretches at night, leaving the days to be one crying-fest or emotional explosion after another.  I, of course, alternate between being helpful and empathetic and bitchy. 

Other than that, it’s just another day in paradise.  :)   Pics are of the kids at the Mision in Mulege (again, excuse the lack of tildes and accents)