Each and every Comfort Inn we’ve stayed at has had some type of breakfast.  Either cereal and juice (and coffee) or breadstuffs and fruit or eggs, sausage and breadstuffs.  This morning I was bemoaning the lack of protein for breakfast and Jamie told me that they had "sausage soup".  I was really interested to see what sausage soup would consist of, so I checked inside the container; it looked like cream of brown lump concoction.  Right next to it was a basket of square biscuits.  "Honey", I said, "that’s not sausage soup; it is gravy for biscuits and gravy."  It’s been about an hour, and I’m still laughing over sausage soup…

I90 has some ROUGH road in eastern MN.  You know those little dogs you put on your dash and the head bobs upanddown and upanddown and upanddown?  We’ve got four.  All four kids are asleep and their heads are all bobbing like those little dogs on the dashboard…

We were lucky enough to have done very minimal damage to the trailer.  Service department at Spaders reports that we can take it to a fiberglass place if we want, but it isn’t necessary.  I got grease on the hitch ball and the shank ends of the Reese dual cams (only the rvdotnet people will probably understand that last sentence) and got three of our four axles weighed.  I can’t believe we put 2000lb of stuff in the trailer, but apparently, we have.

We are no longer California drivers; we both now have South Dakota licenses.  In retrospect, since I only registered the trailer in my name, Jamie could have kept his CA license.  Shhhh…don’t tell him the trailer isn’t registered in his name; he thinks it is.  After the DL’s and trailer registration (which was short and sweet, even though they didn’t have all the necessary documentation to register the trailer) we headed to Alternative Resources to pick up our "mail", which consisted of a bunch of letters, no Flying J card, my contacts (mailed by Costco in CA), a mirror for the Westy that was supposed to have been shipped to CA; not SD; no Ford shop repair manual on DVD (won on Ebay back in mid November), and a box so incredibly large that it needed a dolly to take it out to the car; our Velvac towing mirrors (also courtesy of Ebay).  Damn, I sure hope they didn’t include the car in that box; it is absolutely enormous.

It is really very very cold here in Sioux Falls.  Diesel has decreased from $2.45 in CA to $2.08 in Wisconsin to now $1.93 in SD.  I believe the price was about the same in Minnesota. We’re going to have severe sticker shock when we get back home.  We thought we might be able to hit the road after our errands, but we still need to get chains and we all went without eating til dinner, so we’re currently at Empire Mall letting the kids get some energy out and do some window shopping.  Actually, that last part is for Jamie.  The man LOVES to shop.  I’d meant to call Eric James (from the RVdotNET  website) but time got away from us.